Gov. Charlie Baker has announced a stay-at-home advisory starting 3/24/2020 at noon and all non-essential businesses must close. This includes recreational sales at dispensaries. If you have been thinking about becoming a patient, now is the time. Medical Patients will still have access to dispensaries through these trying times. Call Alternative Wellness Centers or visit our website for more information or to book your Telemedicine appointment.
Alternative Wellness Centers are a group of like-minded medical professionals working together to focus on the health and wellbeing of the individual patient. With services such as Cannabis education and certifications, acupuncture, CBD massage, IV rejuvenation therapy, and even Botox (in certain offices), Alternative Wellness Centers are the right choice for you.
Medical vs. Recreational Cannabis in Massachusetts
- Does NOT pay the 20% (or more) tax on any Cannabis products purchased
- NO WAITING in line to get into a medical dispensary
- DOES get new and renewing patient discounts at over 10 dispensaries statewide
- CAN purchase a 60-day supply, up to 10 OUNCES or EQUIVALENT
- Co-located dispensaries MUST SAVE at least 35% of stock for medical patients
- EDUCATION about products/dosing available at your certifying providers office or the dispensary
- PAYS 20% (or more) in tax on all Cannabis products purchased
- WAITS in (often long) line to get into a dispensary
- NO discounts available for recreational purchasers
- Can ONLY purchase 1 (one) ounce or equivalent
- LESS choice of products; NO topicals or tinctures
- NO guarantee product will be in stock